Thursday, November 7, 2013

#10 still friends

#10 was the first fella I was thinking about dating. He first contacting me having recognized the amplifier in my pictures of my records.  Since it’s a source of pride and interest to me, I was stoked he recognized it. He knew some of my out-of-town scooter friends so, you know, birds of a feather sorta thing. Figured he had to be good people to know good people. He lives in Carlsbad where I work. He was handsome to boot. So we made lunch plans.

I put on a dress and borrowed a co-worker’s car so I wouldn’t just be eating at the food court across the street. He was very tall, very shy and didn’t have much to say but lunch was nice and we said we’d do it again.

He was a good texter, at least, texted a bunch.  But his conversations were limited largely to Mazdas and car photography.  He was not employed, was living at home and trying to start a career in photography. I understood it was lucky to have that ability to pursue such a dream and have a roof over your head regardless of the roof. And man, he was cute.
We had a few lunches. Eventually he drove me home from work one Friday and we did a bar crawl and had dinner. It was fun but fleeting.


It didn’t take too long for the limited conversation and lack of steady income to put the kibosh on dating.  Living 40miles a part and me relying on the train to get home didn’t help either.  We decided we could totally be friends and that’s what we are to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment